Yay am looking forward to Freedom Service this sat, to celebrate the end of EOYs! :D Ok, I admit my results are not worthy to be celebrated for, but to mark the end of my Sec 3 life, oh well :/ AND I WANNA BRING VISITORS TOO!
I'm so proud of myself. I walked home from school today! :D My feet have been hurting but I guess the calories I've burnt made it worth it. Don't worry, I live quite near the school, so it's not some 5-hour crazy journey BY FOOT from Buona Vista to Pasir Ris -.-
I love Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 5 in Eb Major, the 'Emperor'. The first movement sounds so majestic, the second sounds so beautifully magical, and the third sounds like a very long2 zhong4 dance. Love it especially when Wang Haijie/Rubenstein is playing. And I think Vanessa-Mae's style is imba too. It is in times like this where I feel so inspired to improve my own playing, and yes, to work towards becoming a soloist. Sometimes I wish I can just abandon academics after A-levels and study music at a Russian Conservatory. (Not that I hate school subjects; I DO like them!) But the thought of soloing with a large orchestra is really a childhood dream. Sadly, I don't know if it will ever come true :/ Furthermore, I don't think Singapore is the right place for popularizing Classical Music, and I guess I want to stay here all my life..
I'M LISTENING TO THE FIRST MOVEMENT NOW AND IT'S OMGOSH SO PERFECT :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heUE4RNicEg
I wish I could play like him but a dream will always remain a dream =.="
Hmmm, band tomorrow. Before that we're going to the church/temple/mosque thing.. I hope I don't forget to bring my scarf haha. K random ;)
Oh, and some bad stuff has been happening but I guess the only solution is to pray and accept it with grace :( anyway the Bible says that just as slaves must obey and respect their masters, the masters must also remember that they too have a Master in heaven. Let no debt remain oustanding, except the debt to love one another. (Quoted from somewhere in Corinthians.) Unfortunately, this isn't the case in real life; the opposite is almost always true. :'(
Wait. The scenery in another of the Emperor Concerto's videos is so beautiful it's making my heart melt <3 <3 <3 but the piano tempo is so slowww it's making me want to sleep. And it doesn't help that now is 12.15am -.-
Grr I hope everything will turn out fine, coz I only want to be the head and not the tail, like what is said in Deuteronomy 28:13.
Well my technique DEFINITELY needs brushing up. Before I went on a piano hiatus before EOYs, it was ok but not superb. And just when I got the momentum, I had to stop it coz exams are obviously more important. I'm quite shocked that my endurance is somewhere down the drain. I can't play as many studies at 1 shot as I could before I took a break, and my Chopin Etude sounds like some Struggling Etude T_T
Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1 in Bb Minor sounds like some kind of magical fairytale. I've got the score (thanks to whoever uploaded it on the Internet so that people like me who cannot afford to lose anything except their printer it can have a copy. It's legal duh!) but I can't play it. AWW SADFACE :(
I'M SO SICK AND TIRED OF EVERYTHING.
No comments:
Post a Comment