Hmmm so I've been having a reallyyy fun day today! It's only 2.03pm and I'm already writing my second post of the day :) not due to boredom though.
It's fun learning things we sure can't learn in the classroom :D Love it to bits and pieces. It helps me to embrace my hopes for the future, so that what was merely a distant dream can become a path to reality. I'm glad I was given this opportunity to find out what I really want, and really work towards it. It's very interesting; way beyond the regular stuff you get with regard to modern-day education.
I know I'm lag, but congrats to Presidential Candidate Mr. Barack Obama for winning the presidential campaign!!! Omg he's totally so cool can. Read his book "Dreams From My Father" and I can say, it's a must-read. It's not just a biography of some random American who happened to have a long-lost family from another continent, hidden away in an ulu place in the world. It's about the daily struggle to uncover your past, treasure the present and use them to assure a better tomorrow. Well it seems like Obama's a pretty sentimental guy, in addition to being charismatic and popular and all that. Haha.. I'm sure I'm not the only one who prefers him to McCain and Clinton right. :P
Am still miffed and worried by lots of things, and I just hope that everything will turn out fine. May need to just learn not to worry so much -.- if not I'll have more wrinkles (omg a few weeks ago I noticed that I have wrinkles around my eyes when I smile and a frown is permanently etched on my face... at the TENDER age of FIFTEEN!!!) and get white hair soon (CHOY!!!)
[edit/]
Randomness
Many people think that it's important to have a servant's heart -- just serve wholeheartedly without expecting anything in return; this is the meaning of true dedication. However, some others may think it is how people drain their energy unneccessarily. Where, then, do you draw the line between dedicated help and foolishness? Or does dedicated help equal to foolishness? Or is it just plain foolish to be thinking this way? People tell you all kinds of things, but ultimately, it is you who make the choice to believe in what you want, in what you think is right. Only you can have that power of mind to choose your choices, to choose your ideals, to choose your values and beliefs. People may think otherwise, but if you think that what you are doing is right, your conscience remains clear and pure. Only you are responsible for what you do; no matter how much people attempt to sway and pressure you, only you are responsible for yourself. No matter how tough the going gets, it is always important to stick to what you believe in, no matter how painful or tough it may be.
And that, readers, is the meaning of true courage.
No comments:
Post a Comment